|* Make sure you know and use the
first name of the person you are inviting for the outside envelope.
* Do not use any abbreviations except for Mr., Mrs., Ms., Jr., and Sr.
* Do not use the middle initial of the people you are inviting.
* If you have an outside and an inside envelope, "and Guest" is written on the inside envelope only. "And family" should not be written on the outside envelope. Write out the names of the children on the inside envelope.
* Do not use professional designations such as Esq., M.D., or PhD.
* Do not mail your wedding invitation to a work address, if possible.
* Need a zip code, use this web site: http://www.usps.com/zip4/
* Do not use zip+4 on your envelope.
|Married Couple||Mr. and Mrs. James Winter||Mr. and Mrs. Winter|
|Married Couple with children||Mr. and Mrs. James Winter||Mr. and Mrs. Winter|
|under the age of 18||Christopher and Kelly|
|Two daughters over||The Misses Winter||The Misses Winter|
|18 living at home||or Miss Susan Winter|
|Miss Jacqueline Winter|
|Two sons over 18||The Messrs. Winter||The Messrs. Winter|
|living at home||or Mr. Gregory Winter|
|Mr. Scott Winter|
|with a son and a daughter||Miss Susan Winter||Miss Winter|
|over 18 living at home||Mr. Scott Winter||Mr. Winter|
|Married Woman kept Maiden||Ms. Carolyn Left and||Ms. Left and Mr. Winter|
|Name||Mr. James Winter|
|Man - Doctor||Doctor and Mrs. James Winter||Doctor and Mrs. Winter|
|Both Doctors||Doctor and Mrs. James Winter||Doctor and Mrs. Winter|
|or The Doctors Winter||The Doctors Winter|
|or Doctor James Winter and|
|Doctor Melissa Winter|
|Woman - Doctor||Mr. and Mrs. James Winter||Mr. and Mrs. Winter|
|or Doctor Melissa Winter and||Doctor Winter and Mr. Winter|
|Mr. James Winter|
|Man - Judge||The Honorable and Mrs. James Winter||Judge and Mrs. Winter|
|Woman - Judge||Mr. and Mrs. James Winter||Mr. and Mrs. Winter|
|or The Honorable Melissa Winter||Judge Winter and Mr. Winter|
|and Mr. James Winter|
|Lawyers - one of both||Mr. and Mrs. James Winter||Mr. and Mrs. Winter|
|Unmarried Couple - living together||Miss (or Ms.) Melissa Winter||Miss (or Ms.) Winter|
|Mr. James Winter||Mr. Winter|
|Divorced Woman||Mrs. Melissa Winter||Mrs. Winter|
|or Ms. Melissa Winter||Ms. Winter|
|Divorced Woman - maiden name||Ms. Melissa Left||Ms. Left|
|Widow||Mrs. Melissa Winter||Mrs. Winter|
|Single Woman||Miss or Ms. Melissa Winter||Miss or Miss Winter|
|and Guest||Miss or Ms. Melissa Winter||Miss or Ms. Winter and Escort or Guest|
|Single Man||Mr. James Winter||Mr. Winter|
|and Guest||Mr. James Winter||Mr. Winter and Guest|
Purchase the Crane's Wedding Blue Book for further information on proper etiquette.